Representing San Francisco Residents And Businesses In Civil Litigation
While everyone wants to resolve problems without legal intervention, some problems simply cannot be resolved without legal tools. For those who are in the unfortunate position of being a defendant, taking an assertive legal step towards protecting your rights is the first thing to do. We use all the tactics at our disposal to develop a resolution that works for you and your interests in the long term.
At Hickey & Chung, LLP, our attorneys serve as counsel in a range of civil cases. Our experience, thorough case preparation and professional presentation in court have led to many positive outcomes in challenging civil cases. If you are facing a civil case, we urge you to connect with us to evaluate your case and advise you of your legal options.
Understanding The Nuances Of Civil Disputes
Civil litigation is a unique part of the legal process because it does not have prescribed and rigid rules for its resolution. Instead, there are many options to resolve disputes and many possible ramifications. Monetary damages, restitution, civil obligations and dismissals are all determined based on the situation and its unique factors. In many cases, you can avoid court entirely through mediation or arbitration, which offers defendants the opportunity to speak their side of the story to a neutral third party and provides you with the opportunity to come to a mutual resolution with the plaintiff. Other situations require courtroom litigation where a judge determines the outcome after hearing the evidence in court.
Skilled Civil Defense Lawyers Prepared For Any Situation
When you need a civil attorney, the firm you select is arguably the most critical factor in how the case is resolved. When represented by our legal team at Hickey & Chung, LLP, you can be confident that your case will be given the attention it deserves, and you can expect responsive legal service throughout every phase of the process.
- Employment matters and termination issues: If you have been wrongfully terminated or are the victim of unfair employment practices where you work, our civil attorneys could take action to help you seek justice, such as full restoration of your employment, back pay or a settlement that reflects the extent of the damages you experienced.
- Business formation, incorporation and capital raising: Our attorneys are engaged in a range of critical actions for business owners, including business formation, defending regulatory violations and tax violations, and providing legal support for a wide array of business law matters.
- Contracting: Your business contracts are a foundation of the success of your business. No “boilerplate” contracts will provide your company with the level of legal protection it may need in the future. We draft contracts for businesses of all types, customized to provide the best protection possible.
- Civil disputes: Many civil disputes can be resolved through arbitration or mediation. If you are involved in a civil dispute in which another party accused you or your business for causing some type of harm, you need legal protection that has the experience and knowledge to protect your rights, interests and reputation.
- Property development and litigation: A property development project can be stalled due to challenges by various parties, whether a contractor, city, environmental agency or others. These legal problems must be resolved as quickly as possible. At Hickey & Chung, LLP, our legal team provides the talented legal counsel you need to bring a civil real estate matter to resolution.
- Non-profit management: Your non-profit organization requires legal counsel to manage a range of legal matters, including contracts, operational responsibilities, assistance in raising capital and many other vital actions. Our responsive, talented legal team can provide this service and allow you to focus on your mission and execute the strategies of your non-profit, rather than spending time on the various legal issues that can arise.
How We Resolve Matters Outside Of The Courtroom
When two parties are involved in a legal dispute, resolving it quickly and effectively not only saves time and money, but allows the parties involved to move forward. Issues such as real estate disputes, personal injury cases, employment and labor disputes, breaches of contract, education law disputes or others can often be resolved without the need to go to trial. Our firm provides certain benefits not every firm can offer. We have access to professional resources such as PIs, financial consultants, tax advisors and others that can help move the case forward to a faster, more efficient resolution. We do all we can to keep the cost of litigation reasonable and bring the matter to a final resolution without the need to take the case to civil court. Should it be necessary, you can trust our legal team to present a well-crafted, professional case on your behalf.
When You Face A Civil Lawsuit, Hickey & Chung, LLP, Is Prepared To Represent You
Our attorneys are experienced, strategically minded and savvy about civil disputes. We are well-regarded civil defense attorneys with a track record of success. Our work across the San Francisco Bay Area speaks for itself. To set up a time to discuss your case in detail, schedule an appointment today. Call 415-484-4547.